Hi everyone. Sorry for not posting as often, school has just been very hectic with final projects, exams and papers due.
I wanted to make this makeup look dedicated to my mom. She was a young mom working in the beauty industry, so she wore the latest trends when it came to makeup back in the late 80’s and early 90’s.
The eyeshadow look I remember the best was her navy smokey eye that she wore to work everyday, and I’m going to show a picture of my rendition of it.
Sorry that I only did half of my face, I was being rushed to go out with my family.
- Bare Mineral Prime Time Foundation Primer
- Maybelline Super Stay in Pure Beige
- Make Up For Ever HD Powder
- Rock & Republic Pressed Powder in Cashmere
- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Gold Deposit
- Maybelline Expert Wear Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown
- NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk
- Physicians Formula Circle RX Concealer in Medium Beige
- Lancome Eye Kohl Pencil in Ebony Black
- Lancome Eyeshadows in Personal Style, Garment, and Wear It Well
- MAC Eyeshadow in Gesso
- L’Oreal Lineur Intense Liquid Eyeliner in Carbon Black
- ELF Eyelid Primer in Pearl
- Wet N Wild Eyeshadow in Sugar
- L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes in Blackest Black
Step By Step Instructions For The Completed Eye Look:
- Define your eyebrows with your product of choice, I’m using Maybelline Expert Wear Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown (Optional: You can clean up the eyebrow shape or mistakes using concealer)
- Apply an eyeshadow primer to your eyelids, I applied ELF Eyelid Primer in Pearl
- Taking a white base, I’m using NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk, apply on the lid
- Taking Lancome Eyeshadow in Personal Style, which is a light blue/green iridescent eyeshadow, apply it over the white base
- Taking Lancome Eyeshadow in Wear It Well, which is a matte light brown eyeshadow, blend it in the crease
- Taking Lancome Eyeshadow in Garment, which is an intense navy blue eyeshadow, blend it into the outer corner. Apply it under the lash line as well
- Taking MAC Eyeshadow in Gesso, which is a matte white eyeshadow, blend it into the browbone area as a highlight.
- Taking Wet N Wild Eyeshadow in Sugar, which is an iridescent white eyeshadow, apply it into the inner corners and under the inner half of the lash line.
- Taking Lancome Eye Kohl Pencil in Ebony Black, which is an intense black pencil eyeliner, apply it to the waterline to define your eyes
- Taking L’Oreal Lineur Intense Liquid Eyeliner in Carbon Black, which is an intense black liquid eyeliner, apply it to the desired length and thickness on your lids
- Curl and apply mascara to your lashes. I’m using L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes in Blackest Black and using ELF Essential Mechanical Eyelash Curler
To Finish Off The Look:
- Apply foundation (and set with powder if using liquid or cream)
- Apply a subtle colored blush (peach and pink toned blushes would be perfect)
- Apply a lipstick and/or gloss (nothing to overpowering if you decide to darken the look)
- If you want to intensify the look of your lashes, you can apply false eyelashes and a coat of mascara to blend your real lashes with the false lashes.
You don’t have to use the exact products from this tutorial, any similar colors will give you the same results! I hope you like it!