Hi everyone! I received this tube of H2O Water-Activated Eye-Makeup Remover in a gift bag awhile back from a makeup convention I attended and after using it previously, I thought I’d give it a try again and write a review.
H2O describes this as:
- Water-light formula rinses away clean and protects the delicate skin around the eye from irritation
- Anti-inflammatory allantoin and provitamin B help relieve puffiness and irritation
- Carrageenan helps strengthen tired, sagging skin
- Moisture-rich marine botanicals soothe delicate skin while cleansing
- Sea-derived essential minerals work synergistically with Sea Mineral Complex, a scientifically advanced delivery system to ensure vitamins and other vital nutrients are rapidly absorbed at the cellular level
After reading the description, and using the product, I feel that its really sugar coated. The makeup remover does not work well at all. It is indeed very gentle, and non-irritating but the simplest task cannot be accomplished with this product. I’ve tried removing all types of eyeliner (liquid, cream, pencil), mascara (both regular formulation and waterproof), and eyeshadows (with and without a base), and it failed horribly. It would remove some but not all, and I feel like I was using more makeup remover than necessary to try to remove any trace of makeup.
My advice is to find another gentle makeup remover within the same price range such as from Neutrogena, Almay or for a little bit more, my holy grail of makeup removers from Costco, the Kirkland Daily Cleansing Towelettes.
If anyone has any suggestions of new products to try, please let me know!