Hi everyone! Today was my friend Christina’s junior prom and I did her makeup as well as some of her friends. I didn’t get too many good shots of her makeup because I was so busy but I managed to get a couple and hopefully it can give you an idea of what I did.
- Smashbox Photofinish Primer (Original Formula)
- MAC Studio Fix Liquid Foundation in NC30
- MAC Fix+ Spray
- Make Up For Ever HD Powder
- Chanel Double Perfection Powder in #10 “Vanilla”
- MAC Powder Blush in “Sweet As Cocoa”
- Salon Perfect: Perfect Eyebrow Defining Kit
- MAC Select Cover Concealer in NC25
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Stila Eyeshadow (From the “Pro Artist Palette no. 1”) in “Kitten”
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow (From the “Naked 2 Palette”) in “Tease”
- Napoleon Perdis Colour Disc Eyeshadow in #43 (Matte White)
- Wet N Wild 6 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in “Lust”
- Lancome Artliner in “Black”
- Yves Saint Laurent Faux Cils Mascara in “Noir”
- NYX Pencil Lip Liner in “Natural”
- MAC Lipstick in “Faux”
- MAC Plushglass in “Fashion Fanatic”
Step By Step:
- After a freshly cleansed face, apply moisturizer and primer. In this case, my friend already applied her own moisturizer and I used Smashbox Photofinish for foundation primer.
- Taking a pointed foundation brush, I applied MAC Studio Fix in NC30 and blending with a beauty blender sponge damed slightly with MAC Fix+ Spray
- Taking a large powder brush, I applied MUFE HD Powder to set the foundation.
- Taking an angled brush, I used the Salon Perfect: Perfect Eyebrow Defining Kit to fill in the brow shape. I used the darker shade of brown to define the end of the eyebrows and filled the remaining portion with the lighter shade of brown for a gradient natural effect.
- Taking a flat concealer brush, I took MAC Select Cover Up Concealer in NC25 and cleaned up the eyebrow shape and any imperfections.
- Taking any flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Urban Decay Primer Potion onto the eyelids.
- With an small eyeshadow shading brush, I applied the eyeshadow “Kitten” from the Stila Pro Artist Palette no. 1 onto the eyelids.
- With a tapered blending brush, I applied the eyeshadow “Tease” from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette, blending into the crease.
- With a flat eyeshadow shading brush, I applied Napoleon Perdis Colour Disc Eyeshadow in #43 and blended with a MAC 217 Brush.
- With a small pencil brush, I took a mixture of the purple and dark plum eyeshadows from the matte side of Wet N Wild’s “Lust” Palette, and applied very lightly at the outer corner and blended with a tapered blending brush.
- Draw eyeliner to desired thickness, in this case my friend had a thin winged liner using Lancome Artliner in Noir
- After curling lashes, I applied some false lashes with Duo Dark Tone Glue. If desired, you can use mascara to blend the false lashes and real eyelashes.
- Taking an angled blush brush, I applied MAC Powder Blush in “Sweet As Cocoa”.
- With a small powder brush, I applied Chanel Double Perfection Powder in #10 “Vanilla” above the cheekbones to soften the blush and as a subtle highlight.
- Before I applied lipstick, I used NYX Lipliner in Natural, then used MAC Lipstick in “Faux” and topping it off with MAC Plushglass in “Fashion Fanatic”.
- The final step was just spraying MAC Fix+ all over and the look is complete.
A big thank you to Christina for trusting me to do her makeup with whatever products I felt necessary. I loved the outcome of what my friend and I created for her and I hope she had an amazing time at her junior prom, she looked absolutely gorgeous!
I hope this post gives ideas to those who are looking into doing their prom makeup this year. Let me know what you all think about this look!