Hi everyone! Its not uncommon for me to post pictures of my bare face on Instagram, I’m just comfortable with how my skin looks and I know its a major improvement from what it was a year ago. People always ask what makeup products I use on my face to conceal all my blemishes, acne and scars, the products tend to change depending on the day but this is my go to “formula” when I need to have a flawless complexion.
I included two different pictures just to show how my skin really is, makeup is a powerful tool if you use it in the right amount and places!
- Tarte Clean Poreless 12 Hr Primer
- Graftobian Color Corrector Palette
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Treatment Concealer in Medium
- MAC Matchmaster Foundation in 4.0
- Make Up For Ever HD Powder
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer or MAC Blush in Harmony
- NARS Blush in Dolce Vita or MAC Beauty Powder Blush in Eversun
- MAC Prep+Prime Lash
- Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara
- Lorac Behind The Scenes Eye Primer
- Wet N Wild Ultimate Eyebrow Kit
- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
Step By Step
- I always start out with a cleansed and moisturized face. I make sure my moisturizer was been absorbed into my skin before applying primer. I use any silicone based primer, lately I’ve been favoring the Tarte Clean Poreless 12 Hr Primer.
- I use a little bit of Lorac Behind The Scenes Eye Primer on my brows just to ensure they will not fade during the day.
- With an angled brush, I will apply both shades from the Wet N Wild Ultimate Eyebrow Kit for a gradient, natural-ish looking eyebrows (just depends how I fill it in). Totally optional but I like to clean the bottom of my eyebrows for a cleaner shape.
- I take a small brush and apply the green concealer from the Graftobian Color Corrector Palette wherever I see redness to neutralize it and blend it out with my finger.
- With a small stippling brush like the MAC 130, I apply MAC Matchmaster Foundation. Somedays I use a blending sponge to apply my foundation, but typically I use the blending sponge to take away any extra product and make sure theres no streak marks from the brush.
- I take the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Treatment Concealer and I apply it to where I need highlighting (under my eyes, bridge of my nose, on my chin, and a little bit on my forehead), and blend with my fingers and blending sponge.
- With a fluffy powder brush, I set my foundation and concealer with Make Up For Ever HD Powder. Remember a little of it goes a long way and too much can leave a horrible powdery white cast in pictures.
- To contour my face, I would use either MAC Blush in Harmony or Benefit Hoola Bronzer. On days I want a really defined contour, I will use MAC Blush in Blunt. Taking a small dense brush like the MAC 109, I just go along my hair line, cheek bones, and jawline. The trick I learned about doing contouring on the cheek bones is follow the line from the corner of your lip to the top of your ear. It might not work for everyone but its all about experimenting and finding out whats best for you.
- To add some color back into my face, I will add some kind of blush. Typically something matte or satin. I like using NARS Blush in Dolce Vita, MAC Beauty Powder Blush in Eversun or Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed. Just applying it with an angled blush brush like the MAC 168.
- Applying mascara really opens up my eyes so I use MAC Prep+Prime Lash to separate my lashes and makes sure theres a nice base for the mascara to adhere to. I use one of my favorite mascaras, either Lancome Definicils or Eyeko Skinny Brush.
- To finish everything off, I use a makeup setting spray. Not MAC Fix+ since its just a refreshing spray. Skindinavia No Shine Spray or Urban Decay All Nighter Spray is amazing for my oily skin, it keeps my makeup looking fresh without touch ups during the day.
I hope that was helpful to those wondering about my makeup routine. Most days I’m wearing no makeup or very minimal with eyebrows defined, BB cream, powder and mascara. If you have any questions or request, please feel free to ask!