Hi everyone! This picture was pretty popular amongst my family, friends and followers on Instagram so I decided to write a step by step tutorial on how to achieve this look. It is considerably lengthy but you can definitely skip steps that aren’t to your liking or routine. This is a very full coverage and glam look but you can tone it down for an everyday look.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
- MAC Face & Body Foundation in C4
- Graftobian HD Creme Foundation in Buttermilk
- Make Up For Ever Duo Mat in 205
- MAC Fluidline in Dipdown
- Inglot Eyeshadow in 363 (Brows)
- Maybelline Age Rewind Erase Dark Circle Treatment Concealer in Medium
- Skinfood Banana Concealer in 23
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Lorac Pro To Go Palette: Cafe, Mink, Black, Chai
- Sugarpill Eyeshadow in Tako
- Tarte Eyeshadow in Parasol (From Aqualilies Palette)
- Stila Liquid Eyeliner Pen in Black
- Marc Jacobs Highliner in Blacquer
- Bobbi Brown Lip Liner in Brownie Pink
- Loreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Fairest Nude
- MAC Blush in Harmony
- Illamasqua Blush in Lover
- NARS Blush in Albatross
- Lancome Cils Booster XL
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara
- Model 21 # 31 Eyelashes
Step By Step:
- I start with a freshly cleansed and moisturized face. Since I have very oily skin, I use Milk of Magnesia as an oil controlling agent.
- After allowing the Milk of Magnesia to dry, I applied my face primer and I chose Smashbox Photo Finish Primer in Light. I start my foundation after doing my brows and eyes to allow the primer to set.
- I take the MAC 266 Brush and with a small amount of MAC Fluidline in Dipdown, I trace the ideal brow shape and slowly fill in the brows. I use a lighter hand when filling the front for a more gradient look.
- With a spoolie brush or clean mascara wand, I comb through the eyebrow hairs to evenly distribute the product. You can use a brow powder or matte eyeshadow on top, it’s just about personal preference. I used Inglot Matte Eyeshadow in 363 on top.
- If you need a brow gel to hold the longer hairs in place, I recommend using a product like Anastasia Brow Gel or a clear mascara. You can use a tinted brow gel if you like.
- With a flat brush and concealer, I clean up the shape of my eyebrows. I used my Skinfood Banana Concealer in 23 and my Sigma E15 Flat Definer Brush
- I apply an eyeshadow primer onto the lids to keep them from creasing throughout the day. I use the Urban Decay Primer Potion in the original formula.
- Most of the eyeshadows from this look are from the Lorac Pro To Go Palette with the exception of two. Chai on the lid with a small shader brush, Cafe in the crease/blending color with tapered blending brush, Mink in the crease with a blending brush, Black on the outer corner with tapered blending brush, Sugarpill Eyeshadow in Tako on the lid with a small shader brush, and Tarte Eyeshadow in Parasol at the inner corner with a pencil brush. Brushes I used were Sonia Kashuk Pointed Blending Brush, MAC 219 Pencil Brush, MAC 217 Blending Brush, ELF Essentials Eyeshadow Brush.
- With a liquid eyeliner, draw your desired eyeliner thickness and shape. I went with a thicker winged eyeliner for this look using the Stila Liquid Eyeliner Pen in Black. With Marc Jacobs Highliner in Blacquer, I used it to define my bottom lash line.
- I like to use a mascara primer to separate my lashes and help with lengthening. I use Lancome Cils Booster XL before applying Benefit They’re Real Mascara. You can apply false lashes if you like, I used Model 21 Lashes in #32 with Revlon Dark Lash Adhesive.
- I apply my foundation with a flat foundation brush like the MAC 190 Brush onto my face and with a patting motion, applying with my Beauty Blender. I mix my MAC Face & Body Foundation and Graftobian HD Creme Foundation together for a luminous full coverage foundation.
- To set my foundation, you can use a variety of things such as a pressed powder, loose powder, translucent powder and etc. I chose to use my Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder in 205 with a large powder brush, I used Coastal Scents Classic Natural Large Powder Brush.
- To highlight my under eyes and on my nose, I use the Maybelline Age Instant Rewind Concealer in Medium and pat with my fingers. With a small powder brush, I apply my highlighting powder. I used NARS Blush in Albatross with Bobbi Brown Sheer Powder Brush on the bridge of my nose, under my eyes, and tops of my cheekbones.
- To contour I use a matte brown blush or bronzer with a tapered brush. I use MAC Blush in Harmony with Inglot 4SS Brush along my hair line, cheekbones and jawline. The easiest way to find where to do your cheek contouring would be the line from the corner of your lip to the top of your ear.
- To add some color back into my face, I would suggest using a matte blush since there’s a lot of glow from the highlighter. I prefer peach tones on my face so I use Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Lover with MAC 168 Brush.
- To get rid of any excess powder and to set my makeup, I use two sprays: MAC Fix+ Spray first and then Skindinavia No More Shine Spray. You can skip this step if you want. I have oily skin so a setting spray like Skindinavia is a must.
- For the lips, I make sure they have been exfoliated and moisturized. I use Bobbi Brown Lipliner in Brownie Pink to line my lips and used Loreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Fairest Nude.
It’s a lot of work but the finished look is well worth it. Of course you can skip a few things, or substitute products to your liking. I hope this was helpful for anyone that’s looking for a full coverage foundation look, a glam look or even ideas of what they can do to tone up or down a look from day to night. Like always if you have any questions, or you would like me to review a product, please feel free to ask.